From Dr. Cora Cooper at KSU:
I’ve had some questions regarding String Fling (Jan. 19-20, 2019, at K-State) registration, and am hoping this will help matters. The website is www.stringflingksu.weebly.com
1) All registration is online through the website, and yes, school teachers can (and we hope you will) register their students together on one online form. The form is not just for individuals, though individuals (such as home school students) can use it. Those of you who are String Fling veterans, it is exactly the same roster used in paper form in the past, just now in online form. Check the box or boxes for the grades of students you are bringing, and the site will generate a roster for each grade, one at a time. Fill in the information as requested, and hit “Next” to go to the next grade level roster screen. You can save your work at any time before submitting, and you’ll receive an email with a link to take you back to where you left off.
2) Teachers/school districts can pay registrations with one check for all their students. After your rosters are done, you’ll see an option of boxes to tick: “Will pay online” or “Will pay by check”. Depending on which you choose, you’ll be taken to a screen appropriate to that option.
3) You’ll need to hit the “Submit” button after your payment screen to complete the registration. An email will be automatically sent to you with all the information you provided (that’s new this year), so you’ll have no doubt that your students are registered.
4) Registration is officially open Nov. 1-Dec. 1! We will need to stick very closely to the Dec. 1 close, in order to get accurate chair counts to the Union before break. If we hear from you that you need a little more time, we’ll do our best to extend it.
5) Repertoire for the groups will be posted on the website in early November, if not before. We don’t send out music, but this way you can work with students on pieces you might also have.
Please let me know if there’s anything we can do to make the process easier for you. Rachel and I really appreciate the effort it takes to bring your students to this event, and we’d like to make it the best (and easiest) experience we can!